Welcome to Black & Kletz Allergy
Are you tired of your allergies and their debilitating symptoms? If so, it may be the right time to ask an allergy doctor in McLean, Virginia for a solution. Michael R. Kletz, MD and Appaji Gondi, MD are board-certified allergists who have helped tens of thousands of men, women, and children with allergies of all kinds. If you would like to schedule an appointment for an allergy consultation, please call Black & Kletz Allergy.
What You Should Know for Your First Appointment at Black & Kletz Allergy
When you see a McLean VA allergy doctor, you will be thoroughly listened to and examined before any diagnostic testing is performed. Once the allergy testing is completed, we will let you know what allergens you are reacting to and prescribe you safe and effective treatments as well as offer a long term solution. Please also consider the following:
If you have not completed our forms, we ask that you arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your appointment with a McLean VA allergist.
Plan on spending between one to two hours at your initial appointment.
We typically ask any new patient to discontinue certain medications such as antihistamines 72 hours prior to your appointment, as skin testing may be needed. Please confirm this with our office prior to your appointment.
Black & Kletz Allergy accepts most insurance plans. If we do not accept your carrier, we typically require payment to be made on the day of your appointment. If you are concerned about the fees or your insurance carrier, please feel free to discuss your questions with our office staff and/or billing department.
If you have an HMO, it is not uncommon that your HMO requires a written doctor’s referral before you can see an allergy doctor. It will be up to you to get this prior to your appointment. Should you need help with this, please call Black & Kletz Allergy and we will be happy to help you.
What We Treat at Black & Kletz Allergy
When you suffer from an allergy in McLean VA, being treated by a doctor from Black & Kletz Allergy means you are in good hands as we have over 50 years of experience in diagnosing and treating allergies and asthma.
- We are board-certified allergists in both adult and pediatric allergy and immunology and recertify every 10 years as is required to stay board certified.
- Medical school, internship, and a fellowship is required to become an allergist (between 9 and 10 years of schooling after a bachelor’s degree).
- Our doctors are specially trained to diagnose and treat all types of allergic disorders.
Conditions We Treat
- Nasal allergies (i.e., allergic rhinitis)
- Eye allergies (i.e., allergic conjunctivitis)
- Eczema (i.e., atopic dermatitis)
- Contact skin rashes (i.e., contact dermatitis)
- Poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac
- Sinus inflammation
- Sinus infections (e.g., acute sinusitis, chronic sinusitis)
- Nasal tissue growth (i.e., nasal polyps)
- Hives (i.e., urticaria)
- Swelling (i.e., angioedema)
- Generalized itching (i.e., pruritus)
- Pet allergies
- Latex allergies
- Food allergies
- Medication allergies
- Insect sting allergies
- Eosinophilic esophagitis and other eosinophilic disorders
- Immune deficiency disorders
With the right testing and guidance, our board-certified allergists can implement proper measures to help you avoid allergens. We will also tailor the treatment to your own needs to ensure optimal well being. If you are ready to rid yourself from the symptoms an allergy McLean VA residents suffer from, please contact Black & Kletz Allergy today for an appointment.